When Will the Library Reopen?
The many questions we’ve received about the Library opening are certainly heartwarming. We’re glad to be providing a service that you’d like to see resume. The decision to open our library building will be in accordance with a review and agreement by the Perrot Memorial Library Board of Directors, compliance with guidelines and recommendations by the Greenwich Department of Health and other Town officials, the physical characteristics of our building, and in coordination with the Greenwich Library. Our resources may not allow us to immediately restore the same levels of service we once provided.
Here are some of the things that we need to address before Perrot Library can reopen to the public in a way that is safe for both visitors and staff:
- Adequate PPE for library staff and visitors
- Possible limits on the number of people in the building
- Possible limits on the amount of time visitors spend here
- Separation of people using computers or study areas
- Redesign or suspension of events that bring in large groups
- Redesign or adaptation of places where people interact face-to-face, such as check-out desks or reference services
- Disinfecting of shared surfaces multiple times every day
- Installing air purifiers that kill mold, bacteria and viruses in our HVAC systems