Take a look at Youth Services’ brand-new Our Picks! list for November 2008— it features more seasonal books our staff enjoyed (and we know you will, too!)
And, here are some bonus picture books about our favorite fall fruit, the apple:
- The Apple Pie Tree (E HALL): Describes an apple tree as it grows leaves and flowers and then produces its fruit, while in its branches robins make a nest, lay eggs, and raise a family.
- Apple Picking Time (E SLAWS): A young girl and her family spend a fall day picking apples with others from their small town.
- The Seasons of Arnold’s Apple Tree (E GIBBO): As the seasons pass, Arnold enjoys a variety of activities as a result of his apple tree.
- All for Pie, Pie for All (E MARTI): Grandma Cat bakes an apple pie that is heartily enjoyed by her family, as well as the Mouse and Ant families that live nearby.
- Apples, Apples, Apples (E WALLA): Members of the rabbit family visit an apple orchard, where they have fun picking apples and discovering their many uses.
- How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World (E PRICE): Since the market is closed, the reader is led around the world to gather the ingredients for making an apple pie.