Youth Services has a growing collection of museum passes for you to borrow– our passes get you either free or discounted admission to many popular places! This year, we have the following passes available:
- AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY, Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, NY, http://www.amnh.org/: FREE general and special admission for two adults and up to four children. Discounts on Space Show, IMAX, and seasonal live animal exhibits for two adults and up to four children. The Natural History Museum is renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama of the world’s cultures.
- BEARDSLEY ZOO, 1875 Noble Avenue, Bridgeport, CT, http://www.beardsleyzoo.org/: FREE admission for two adults and up to four children. See more than 300 animals representing primarily North and South American species. Featuring a South American rainforest with free-flight aviary; a prairie dog exhibit with “pop-up” viewing areas; a New England Farmyard with goats, cows, pigs, and sheep; and a trail featuring bison, pronghorn, deer, and more.
- CONNECTICUT STATE PARKS AND FORESTS PASS, http://www.nochildleftinside.org/: FREE family admission and parking at ALL Connecticut State Parks and Forests. More than 800 miles of hiking trails, 2,000 miles of rivers and streams, 1,300 campsites in 14 parks, 9 historic sites, and 237 lakes and ponds– all without leaving Connecticut!
- EARTHPLACE: THE NATURE DISCOVERY CENTER, 10 Woodside Lane, Westport, CT, http://www.earthplace.org/: FREE admission for a family of four. Offers a 62-acre wildlife sanctuary with trails, an interactive natural history museum with wildlife dioramas, and live wildlife.
- MARITIME AQUARIUM, 10 North Water Street, Norwalk, CT, http://www.maritimeaquarium.org/: DISCOUNTED admission: Our pass entitles you to $2 off a combination Aquarium/IMAX ticket for up to 6 people. Watch sharks, jellies, sea turtles, and more than 1,000 other marine animals– and enjoy a film in the IMAX movie theater.
- MYSTIC AQUARIUM, 55 Coogan Boulevard, Mystic, CT, http://www.mysticaquarium.org/: DISCOUNTED admission: $4 off adult and $3 off child admission, good for up to 2 adults and 2 children. Reach in and touch a ray, go beak-to-nose with a penguin and feel the splash of a beluga whale. Watch the California sea lions during a live show, and meet a variety of animals, from African penguins and Steller sea lions to sharks and blue-tongued skinks.
- NEUBERGER MUSEUM OF ART, Purchase College, 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY, http://www.neuberger.org/: FREE family admission. The museum’s collection comprises more than 7,000 works and embraces 20th-century American and European art, traditional and contemporary African art.
- STAMFORD MUSEUM AND NATURE CENTER, 39 Scofieldtown Road, Stamford, CT, http://www.stamfordmuseum.org/: FREE admission for 2 adults and 2 children. The SMNC includes a 10-acre working farm, a maple sugar house, vegetable garden, and farm animals; a museum featuring both a permanent collection and rotating exhibits; an otter pond; and a playground built with nature themes.
- STEPPING STONES MUSEUM, 303 West Avenue, Norwalk, CT, http://www.steppingstonesmuseum.org/: BUY ONE TICKET, GET ONE FREE: one free admission with each regular paid admission (maximum of three free admissions per day). Exhibits and educational programs help expand a child’s world by engaging them in fun, playful exploration. With four main galleries, a toddlers-only gallery and over 100 hands-on activities, Stepping Stones offers children ages ten and under plenty to explore and discover.
- WADSWORTH ATHENEUM MUSEUM OF ART, 600 Main Street, Hartford, CT, http://www.wadsworthatheneum.org/: FREE admission for 2 adults and 2 children. The Wadsworth Atheneum’s permanent collection features a wealth of treasures sure to keep you coming back. The Wadsworth is also America’s oldest public art museum!
Please ask for our passes at the Youth Services Desk. We also have information and brochures on these locations available for you to browse. Passes may borrowed for one week. Late fees are $1/day.