Dig those smelly sneakers out of the back of your closet and put them to good use! The Greenwich Recycling Advisory Board is running the third annual Used Sneaker Collection, going on now through April 26th.
All types of sneakers will be accepted for recycling (but no cleats). Take laces out of shoes before recycling.
The sneakers will be recycled through Nike’s Reuse-a-Shoe Program. Your old shoes will be ground up to create athletic courts and fields, running tracks, and playgrounds for young people around the world!
Collection bins may be found at:
- Old Greenwich, Cos Cob, Greenwich, Byram, and Glenville fire stations
- Holly Hill Recycling Center
- Old Greenwich Tennis Academy
- Greenwich Green & Clean Office in Pemberwick Park
- One-day collection in the Greenwich High School parking lot on Saturday, April 26th