The Perrot Memorial Library is located in Old Greenwich, Connecticut, a Long Island Sound seaside community which comprises the eastern portion of the Town of Greenwich. The library, named for John Perrot, a British loyalist and Old Greenwich's first private schoolmaster, was founded in 1904 by his descendants.
The library moved from place to place until 1930, when architect D. Everett Waid donated a piece of land on Sound Beach Avenue, as well as plans for a Jeffersonian-style building. The Children's Wing was designed by architect Mark B. Thompson and construction was completed in 1998. The new addition was funded by a a major gift from the Radcliffe Family and donations from many members of our community. The interior of the Children's Wing was built to resemble a village green.
Perrot Library is a private, 501(c)(3) institution, owned by the Perrot Library Association; we are affiliated (and share a catalog) with the larger Greenwich Public Library system. As of 2017, Perrot Library has in its collection approximately 31,000 adult books and 29,000 children's books, as well as over 2,200 music CDs, 1,500 audiobooks, 5,100 DVDs and Blu-Rays, and subscriptions to 110 periodicals. During Fiscal Year 2016/2017, the Library was visited over 167,000 times; we circulated over 240,000 items; almost 36,000 reference questions were answered; and our public computers and WiFi were used almost 20,000 times.